The perks of being a retainer client:
- Receive first priority when scheduling projects
- Discounted design rates (normal hourly design rate starts at $75 per hour)
- No per-project cost and no contacts to sign for each project
- No overhead costs of hiring an in-house employee
- Brand consistency across all of your projects
- Monthly reports of time used / remaining
Here’s how billing works:
- Contracts are paid in advance at the beginning of each month
- Monthly retainers are available on 3-month, 6-month and 12-month contracts
- Time is deducted from the retainer as work is performed
- All work is tracked and itemized to show usage, you’ll get a report each month to show how much time was spent
This is what’s included:
Collateral design: brochures, business cards, reports, flyers, posters, etc.
Digital design: social media sharing graphics, cover photos, email templates, online ads, blog post and website images
Website maintenance: adding new pages, updates to existing content, updating plugins, creating backups
Consultation services: helping you brainstorm design or marketing ideas for your project, teaching you how to use WordPress
What’s NOT included: website design, logo design, branding services, printing or content writing
Want to check out some of my work before you commit? Take a look at my portfolio.
Here’s how scheduling a project works:
You can request new projects or work through our client project board (I’ll set you up there so we can keep track of everything we’re working on!). Typically I can take care of smaller projects within 2-3 business days.
For larger projects, or if you know you have something coming up and want to plan ahead, you can schedule project time for specific days of the month, with at least 7 days notice. Retainer clients are prioritized in my schedule which means I’ll be able to get your project done lickety-split.
This is what happens if you don’t use all of your time:
I’ll do my best to make sure you’re up-to-date with the status of your retainer hours, but it is up to you to make sure they are used within the monthly time frame. Unfortunately, any hours left over at the end of the month are forfeited (unless you opt for the Epic Package, which allows you to roll over 5 unused hours to the next month!).
Here’s what we’ll do if you need more time:
If you need more hours one month than you have in the retainer, I will bill you for the additional hours at the same discounted rate as the retainer. For example: if you have a 5 hour retainer but need 7 hours, I will bill you the extra 2 hours at the discounted rate. Easy peasy!